Top Tip for Passing NCT
Did you know that one of the main reasons for failing the NCT is tyre conditions? So when going for you NCT make sure you:
- Check that the threads are not worn or damaged and that there are no bulges.
- Check that the thread depth is not less than 1.6mm at the middle of the tyre.
- Make sure the tyres are inflated to the correct tyre pressure.
- Remove the wheel hubcaps, if necessary.
- Make sure the wheel alignment is correct.
If you see any issues then you may need to change tyres or get the wheel alignment fixed before you go for your test. Tyre Hangar has the most up-to-date technology for four-wheel alignment that guarantees passing the NCT. We can also prove a wide range of the best tyre brands at reasonable prices. Don’t risk failing the NCT – call in and we will sort your car out.